Manufacturing Growth Manager – Leeds City Region
Permanent Full Time (35 hours per week)
Home based with regular travel across the Leeds City Region*
Oxford Innovation Services is the UK’s leading provider of specialist business coaching. Our team have been making a positive difference for over 30 years, driving economic prosperity by helping SMEs grow. We have successfully delivered business support programmes to more than 20,000 growing businesses and our team is continuing to grow.
We deliver the UK’s largest and leading business support programme for manufacturing SMEs, the Manufacturing Growth Programme. This is a £32m programme that delivers support across 18 LEP regions. We now have an opportunity for a Manufacturing Growth Manager (MGM) to join our progressive team – the role will cover the Leeds City Region. The MGM role is responsible for ensuring all participants receive the most suitable specialist support available and they complete their journey in a timely and well managed manner, thus delivering business improvements.
Your duties will include:
- Delivering business assessment and account management services to manufacturing SMEs
- Advising manufacturing business owners on surviving the pandemic, stabilising, growing and scaling their business in a time of crisis
- Recruiting established, innovative & growth-oriented businesses to the support programme
- Use our market leading business assessment tools to identify the strengths and weaknesses of the SME
- Establishing that the prospect SME clients comply with the programme eligibility rules and assessing their growth potential
- Collaborating with a diverse team of skilled coaches and experts with varied experience across different functions
- Working collaboratively with other key stakeholders to deliver participants Improvement Plans
- Maintaining accurate client activity documents, reports and record
You will ideally have:
- A business-related degree/qualification or equivalent commercial (essential)
- A valid UK driving licence and access to a vehicle (essential)
- Experience of owning or managing a business, preferably an SME (highly desirable)
- Experience of strategic business planning (highly desirable)
- Experience of working within the manufacturing sector (desirable)
- Coaching qualifications and project management skills (e.g. APM, PRINCE, ILM), or equivalent experience (desirable)
- Strong skills in building stakeholder relationships
- Creative problem-solving skills and a solutions-focused approach
You will receive:
- Competitive salary
- 28 days annual leave plus Bank Holidays
- Life assurance
- Work from home
* Oxford Innovation Services has temporarily suspended all business travel due to the Covid-19 pandemic. This role will be initially home-based full time until we can safely resume travel under UK government advice.
For further information and to apply, please visit the Oxford Innovation Services Careers website: https://careers.oxfordinnovationservices.co.uk/job/155573
Our closing date for applications is 3pm, Friday 30th April 2021
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from candidates of all backgrounds.